Friday, January 30, 2009

Rest Week is Over!!

To me, when your coach says to "hang in there, there is a recovery week coming". I really believe they mean a "recovery week" is coming...namely a
7-day period of time with limited workouts allowing your body to fully recover and grow stronger. I was however, gravely mistaken on this minor point. Apparently a recovery week is actually only a 5-day period of time that allows your body to somewhat recover...because my recovery week definitely ends tomorrow.

Overall this week was pretty mild with Monday off and a 40 minute "easy" spin Tuesday. Wednesday was an "easy" 1800 meters swim, which embarrassingly enough still made me tired..but we'll just keep that to ourselves...followed by a 30 minute run. All of the above workouts were at a low heart rate, very low intensity. Today I picked up the pace a little with a 10 minute warm-up run followed by a 5 mile AeT test. Unfortunately I'm still not seeing much improvements in my times. Of course the 5 lbs of Prime Rib I ate on Wednesday might have a slight negative effect on this test. But you know what...who cares...it was absolutely worth it:)

So looking over my schedule I see a pretty tough 10 days ahead. Starting with a 60 mile ride tomorrow and ending with a 75 mile ride next Sunday. Let's hope it warms up at least a little. Otherwise parents will be hearing their little children screaming, "Hey there goes the Michelin Man! I didn't know he could ride a bike"!!

No comments: