Monday, January 19, 2009

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

I have decided at this point I am going to focus on the good things I accomplished last week as opposed to focusing on the bad, or rather the things I didn't get done. Overall I think I managed to make about 60% of my scheduled workouts. This included three good trainer days on the bike at Lifetime with each session lasting a minimum of 1hr and 30 minutes. One swim test and two pretty decent runs, including a 40 minute run Sunday after a pretty intense bike session. Thursday and Friday were a total bust, but I managed to stop at least part of the slide by getting back on the bike on Saturday afternoon.

I won't mention the two long runs, long bike session and long swim I totally blew off. This week looks to be a very long week with both work and my training schedule. I think Carole is either taking out her frustrations on me or else living through my scheduled workouts...scheduled training time this week...17:45...yes you read that correctly...17 freakn' hours....that my friends is what I call UGLY!!

Guess I better get to it. Kudos to the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. for his hard work. Not only did he lead the greatest Civil rights movement our country has ever experienced, his efforts also lead to a nice holiday allowing me to get a head start on my training. Thanks MLK!! You rock!

No comments: