Sunday, February 1, 2009

Finally... The Sun!!


Finally got to get out on the bike this weekend. Not for my long ride on Saturday as I had hoped but at least I got out for my scheduled Sunday recovery ride. Overall I had a good weekend. I probably could have ridden outside on Saturday, but just couldn't make myself brave the not only cold, but also very windy conditions. Bottom line I am a total WUSS, no other excuses are relevant.

I still had a good workout at Lifetime. I spent 2-1/2 hours on the spin bike and did the pretty intense workout Carole had prepared for me. Probably easier to do this on the trainer anyway..I know...that was a GIANT rationalization...Overall workout had a short warm-up and then 4x3min Muscular Endurance intervals (really hard resistance at 50-60 rpms)followed by 4x25min down and dirty Aero position intervals with heart rate no higher than 152 bpm (but no lower either!). After the bike I followed up with an immediate 30 minute run on the treadmill that actually felt surprisingly good.

Today I met my friend Burt out at the Silver Comet at noon. He is brand new to triathlon and is already signed up for his first 1/2 Ironman!!. He just picked up his newly fitted Cervelo Tri bike and was anxious to try it out on the Comet! A very pretty bike by the way. We did a nice easy 2 hour ride, it was actually fun to be back out on the Silver Comet. I have not ridden out there since last year, and it was a beautiful day. Sunny and 55 degrees! Could not have been more perfect weather.

Long week ahead, and I really need to get a couple of good rides outside, so I don't freaking die when I go to Tuscon the following week. Yikes, hope the weather cooperates!

No comments: