Sunday, November 9, 2008

Good Week...HUGE WIN!!!

Well I completed my first week under my new coach and overall I have to say...pretty good start. I am pleased..but also tired. Thank goodness I have a day off tomorrow. I did the scheduled workouts 7 out of 8 days. Actual workout ratio was even better ...12 for 13 workouts over the 8 day period:) I missed only a 40 minute bike ride on Thursday night.

Friday November 7 -

Swam a 300 meter warm-up with drills and then did 10 x 100m at Threshold pace +5 to 10 seconds. The a 200 m cool down. Overall not too bad if you could ignore the swim team that was practicing in the lanes next to me. It is a little embarrassing to have a 13 year old girl pass you doing the breast-stroke while you are freestyling.

Spin bike at Lifetime fitness. Did a 10 minute warm-up and then 10 x 2' min Muscular Endurance intervals. I was freaking dying by the end. Then 20 minutes at heart rate of ~145-150.

Saturday was an 1:30 minute run and Sundays bike was 3:15 minutes at low heart rate between 140-150. I actually did better keeping my heart rate down today (if you don't count the 2 times I was chased by dogs) but I was still pretty wiped by the time I pedaled in.

And of course most importantly was Bama's Overtime win against LSU on Saturday night clinching our first trip to the SEC Championship Game since 1999. The only bad part about that...game is December 6th and I'll be on a plane to Hawaii so I won't be able to watch the game!!! Oh well...I'll be in Hawaii so I can't complain too much:)

No comments: