Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Can I Please Quit?????!!!!!!!!!

Holy Crap!! Its only been 5 days of training and I'm freaking Dying!!! Who's stupid idea was this again?...I somehow don't remember it being this hard before. You would think I would be in better shape the second time around...wow...false impression that's for sure. The real scary part is that according to Carole for the most part its been pretty low key/low intensity training...what's gonna happen when things start to pick-up?

Since Saturday I have swam a total of 7000 yards! That is a freaking lot! I don't think I swam 7000 yards the entire time I trained for Arizona. Today was a threshold pace test...After about 700 meters for warm-up I swam 4x300 as fast as could while trying to maintain a constant pace. I won't embarrass myself by throwing out numbers, but lets just say I didn't leave the pool area feeling overly good about myself.

I also did an aerobic pace test for the run. Goal was to keep my heart rate low ~150 which I did but wow...I ran 4 miles and again I won't embarrass myself by listing my time, but lets just suffice it to say that I actually felt worse about myself than I did after the swim! I'm hoping I am just a little worn out.

On Tuesday I rode 1hr on the stationary bike followed by a 25 minute run on the treadmill. Not too bad, again low intensity.

Monday consisted of some good long swim sets...shocking I know...along with some pretty intense core work. My stomach is still sore by the way:(

No comments: