Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Like the Financial Markets- My Training is all over the place!!

After yesterday's work fiasco I thought I should get an early start on my day. Unfortunately I spent about 40 minutes looking for a gas station that actually had gas. After finally succeeding in my quest and realizing I was not significantly closer to the office than when I started...I made the command decision to work from home today and get an early start tomorrow:)

I thought I should take advantage of the afternoon and get in at least a little training since I was not that busy ...(mostly contributed to by the fact that I brought nothing home with me)..so I headed over to Lifetime Fitness about 3:30 to get in a run and swim.

Tuesday 09/30/2008:

Jumped on the treadmill for a planned easy pace 6 mile run but started whining to myself to stop after about 2 miles. I somehow negotiated with myself to stay with it for a total of 5 miles, but it is unbelievable how totally out of shape you can get so quickly. It is hard for me to believe I could actually run 18 miles at a single clip as late as April of this year. Wow...How did I lose my endurance in a such flash?!! After this I definitely felt like I needed to swim and do a quick 300 meter warm-up and then decide since I had such a bad run I will try and make myself feel better by doing a 1,500 meter swim. I haven't attempted anywhere near this distance since Arizona and I quickly remember why. My form goes to total krap after 200-300 meters and I just can't get it back. I feel like I am gasping and half drowning the whole way...miserable...I do finish my 1500 meters but when I check my time I notice this is the same time I used to be able to swim 2000 meters in...NICE!! Obviously I am not happy. I walk back through the locker room in my speedo thinking I can't feel any worse about myself until I happen to glance up and see my profile in the mirror...yikes....okay so I just thought I couldn't feel any worse than I did after the swim. Damn...home to eat a chicken breast and no more beer for at least a week...well maybe just until the game on Saturday:)

No comments: