Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Coeur d'Alene '09 Training Begins!

Alright this is my first attempt at creating a blog so forgive my ineptness. I will get better as I go...promise! I thought this would be a good place to update and share with my friends training logs, tips, motivation, etc for our official Ironman Coeur dAlene training, as well as overall shared race and training experience from the past as we approach race date...currently T-8 months 27 days and counting!

I would love to get comments, suggestions, criticism, additions, whatever from any and everybody who happens to stumble across this blog. I am by no means an expert...about as far from it as is possible. I have started and finished 6 triathlons in my brief career. Two sprint distance, one Olympic, two half-Ironman and one full Ironman in that order and suffered through the majority of them! Especially Ironman Arizona in '08 :).

In general though my main goal with this blog is to keep an accurate log of my training along with all the obstacles/success I might encounter along the way. So here it goes, inconsistent training to date since April, but I am hoping to change that beginning this week!!

Saturday 9/20/08 Easy 5 mile run. Actually felt good to get out again, since I haven't run consistently since Arizona in April. Beautiful day, perfect weather for a run.

Sunday 9/21/08 Relaxed 56 mile bike ride through back roads around Monroe Georgia. Pace felt good, again it was nice to be out and riding again. My longest ride since April. I won't post times quite yet, I even turned off my speedometer so I wouldn't worry about average pace. Overall felt good, legs were a little tired but didn't feel nearly as bad as I feared prior to starting:)

09/23/08 Lifetime fitness: hit the pool for some laps. Overall swim distance was 2,000 meters. Did a 500 meter warm-up with drills, 50's and 100's. Then did a 500, 400, 300, 200,100 with about a minute rest in between sets. Made it to spin class at 6:30 for a speed class...similar to the 120's at 120% of Threshold we do with Tony, but without the accountability so not nearly as hard:)

No comments: