Monday, April 4, 2011

Well...So Much for Easter!!


I know, I know...I am a SICK bastard!! Hey, it really wasn't even my joke. I am however the sicko who got off my bike and took the picture!! I cannot WAIT to be a dad!!:) So, anyway...back to Ironman training. Great weekend training, after a relatively hard week as well. I can say with absolute certainty and clarity...Talking about training for an Ironman is WAY more glamorous than actually training for an Ironman. This revelation occurred to me quite suddenly on Thursday morning as I was running, after my 6 am spin class, in the rain with the outside temperature at 45 degrees, through the hills at Chastain park!! Amazing right...how these thoughts just suddenly come to me...I'll just never understand fully...!!

Nice fast 11 mile run on Saturday. I was especially pleased after a long night partying at Park Tavern watching Ed Roland(Collective Soul) and Kevin Griffen's (Better than Ezra) acoustic show Friday night!! Followed by a very nice 70 mile bike in Chasland on Sunday morning with my 2 new Favorite riders!! Burt and Debra!!! I feel really good at this point. To be honest maybe too good??? I am 5 months out from race day and feel absolutely ahead of schedule...sooooooo....I guess time will tell. Hopefully I can stay healthy and not make a total ass of myself at the race!

I have signed up for John Tanner on April 30th and plan to do Peachtree International on May 14th as well. Haven't decided which half ironman to do. I'm currently wavering between Macon, Boise, or Kansas City...although I will probably avoid traveling to Kansas if I can help it!!

Congrats to Kebby Holden...what a FUCKING stud!!!! Winning her age group at Oceanside and qualifying for Kona her first race of the year!!! Awesome job!! Great motivation. I used your performance for run motivation on Saturday so....THANKS!!!

No comments: